Share on Facebook

Thursday 19 October 2017

Matt Millz by Harry Hill published today!

Comedian Harry Hill's new children's book Matt Millz is published in hardback today by Faber & Faber it's chock full of illustrations by me.
It's a very funny semi-autobiographical story concerning the eponymous hero & his first attempts at becoming a stand up comedian with the help of his best mate Rob & his manager, the diminutive Kitty Hope.

It was a great project to work on for me as I was given a lot of freedom to illustrate pretty much whatever appealed to me in the text, so I read through & earmarked anything that particularly made me laugh - Matt's mum's performing dog show 'The Dachshund Five' was a particular favourite which BEGGED (no dog pun intended!) to be illustrated...
...and WHO could resist drawing a chimpanzee riding a wildebeest?!!?*
*The answer is no one. No one can resist drawing a chimpanzee riding a wildebeest, this is SCIENTIFIC FACT & I will fight anybody who disagrees (probably)
Matt autographing somebody's dad's bald head.
Kitty Hope - Matt's teeny tiny manager.
Squirrel toupee for headmaster Mr Pavey.
Matt on the T-Factor talent show
(NB don't try this at home kids!)







No comments: